10th April 2019
Six members of the Meynell and South Staffs Hunt have been charged with offences under the hunting act following an incident in October 2018.
The six, named below, have all been charged with one count of hunting a wild mammal with dogs under the Hunting Act 2004.
- William Tatler (Joint Master), 45, of Idridgehay, Belper, Derbyshire.
- Sam Staniland (Huntsman), 31, of Sudbury, Derbyshire.
- John Finnegan (Whipper-in), 33, of Pickwell, Leicestershire.
- Andrew Bull (Terrier man/Hon. Wildlife Officer), 50, of Sudbury, Derbyshire.
- Sammuel Stanley(Assistant terrier man), 25, of Needwood, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
- Peter Southwell (Joint Master), 60, of Great Haywood, Stafford, Staffordshire.
The incident relates to an alleged offence in Sutton on the Hill, Derbyshire, on October 2, 2018.
The six are due to appear at Nottinghamshire Magistrates’ Court on April 30.